Friday, September 20, 2019

I realised something about myself today; I cry, a lot. I realised I cry whenever I have any overwhelming emotion. I realised this today because I was taking a quiz and got stuck on one particular problem. I then proceeded to spend around 2 hours working on the problem, doing the same equations over and over again until it made sense, it never did. I was so frustrated I just started crying. This elicited the usual response from my teacher, reach for a tissue box and sit there until i've calmed down enough to talk. This made me reflect on all the times I've cried in the past year and the emotions behind them. I found the usuals: sadness, pain, anxiety. But I also found odd ones, such as joy, awe, even love. Yet all of these emotions were returned by the old tissue and sit, maybe hug. Crying is perfectly human, I know I feel much better after I've just let myself cry. Why in our society is crying so taboo? Just let me cry in peace goddamnit. Instead of wiping my tears with a flimsy piece of paper, I'd rather just let them fall down my cheeks. Crying is my natural response to emotion, and may it remain natural for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment